Monday, June 26, 2017

Sadaharu Aoki: Éclair Framboise

Went to Isetan first to get something new from the winner of the cake-off before last, since the Marunouchi shop on Friday did not work out. Although not listed on their website, they had their Éclair Framboise. I'll visit their Marunouchi location tomorrow, just for research, and see if their green tea and sweet bean cake is back. If they aren't busy, I'll ask what days it is available in general, in cake want another cake from them soon.

For my run, I tried going to Bubó Barcelona for the first time. Even when I was on the right path, I couldn't tell (I think they've changed the name of one of the intersections, at least relative to Google Maps). I'm not going to try to calculate it, but judging from the time, I ran about 11 km, assuming that I was going about 9 km/h , which seems reasonable except in the sense that it is double the distance necessary. I thought today was going to be a partial rest, but it did not work out that way.

The éclair was excellent, which surprised me a little. I'm learning to like éclairs generally, and as I ate it, it just seemed an especially good medium for raspberry for some reason, so I wouldn't mind having this again or learning to make it some day, which is my basic definition of an excellent cake.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment