Saturday, August 6, 2016

Yoshinori Asami: Zebra

Walking and condition same as yesterday, started (from Yotsuya Sanchoume Station) with 6.26 km in just over an hour with some soreness but without seeming to strain anything.

Been a while since I was this far north, to P. Yoshinori Asami, where I got Zebra for 500 yen. It's alternating biscuit (maybe almond based) and (praliné?) ganache under chocolate glazing. It was good chocolate cake, but not any better than that. Disappointing compared to the two cakes of his I had via Isetan (which I did not see in the shop). Could be that higher-class stuff is sold at Isetan or could just be that the cakes during a heatwave (tho here only 35 degC, the heat being centered in the west) or summer generally are different. Parfaits seem to be more popular now. The piece of (actual) coffee cake (for eating in) was okay with me. I may get used to coffee someday. 


Went on to visit Kappabashi Street to see kitchen stuff, which ended up making the walk 23 km. So, guess I'm okay to do a round trip to Jiyugaoka.

No comments:

Post a Comment