Saturday, August 27, 2016

Zuckerbäckerei Kayanuma: Marillenkuchen

Though not a priority, I want to get to the "good" shops that I haven't actually posted on. I might find one that is better than good. I needed go nearby for shopping, so I chose the Austrian "Konditor Meister", Zuckerbäckerei Kayanuma, near the U.S. Embassy. (Also, I had lost their card.)


I went with the seasonal Marillenkuchen for 540 yen, which is a very light almond and apricot cake. It was good for what it was, but I'd rather eat homemade vanilla macarons, so I did that too.



I seem to have gotten good at walking slow, though the rain and shopping bag helped, except I was slower before shopping. I walked the equivalent of 2.8 km at 4.5 km/h and 4.6 km at 5.0 km/h. It was not deliberate, but it puts me at exactly my target weekly walking load (10% estimated increase over last week). Since tomorrow is my big day, even if I just match last week's speed of 5.5 km over 16.5 km, I can still sneak in a little walking on Monday or Wednesday and do a Marunouchi/Ginza run Tuesday at 50/50 of 5.5/6.0 km/h.

Yesterday, I got a croissant from Sadaharu Aoki at Isetan for the first time. They don't always have baked things. This is 432 yen, and it was very good, not so much that I need their extra expensive one. Somehow, it seemed more precise and crisp than average, which might mean sugar.




No comments:

Post a Comment