Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Frédéric Cassel: Tarte Vanille Ghana

Walked too much, although was trying to be good: 1 km at 7 km/h, which was semi-intentional, and then I lowered the next kilometer to 6 km/h; the rest was supposed to be 5 km/h, but really hard to make myself go that slow so another 2.5 at same speed it turns out, after which I stopped timing. Could feel discomfort on the way back, so probably did do 5 km/h then, which, along with a really hot bath (someone likes 43 degC and now I'm used to it, but only soaking about 5 min), maybe fixed things. We'll see tomorrow what the damage is.

Goal was Frédéric Cassel at Ginza Mitsukoshi, where I had unreasonable expectations for Tarte Vanille Ghana, for 648 yen. The web description oversells it, but these mascarpone cheese tarts are really mild, whereas I like my vanilla intense. Still, definitely good and probably excellent, but I'm going to get tired of these minor variations.



Ate in Hibiya Park, which must be a Pokemon Go spot, because there were 50 to 100 times more people than last time, thus the well-lit bench was not available..

No comments:

Post a Comment