Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Walking to Dalloyau: La Pomme

Another walk to Dalloyau in Ginza. Was going faster today, which means I can't increase my distance as much/fast this week. Basically, the first couple kilometers were 6 km/h, the middle 6.5 km were 5.5 km/h, and the last couple kilometers were 5 km/h, I think (and the rain was starting).

Got La Pomme for about 600 yen, which is apple, of course. It's a dome, I think mascarpone cheese based, but it's so humid that the display case was too steamed up to read much through the glass very quickly. The outer gelatin is fairly thin, then the main white dome, like the flesh of an apple, so probably some apple juice in there (I remember reading enough to see a mention of apple juice). Certainly, the taste of the outer parts was a mild apple taste not unlike a real apple. Then, in the middle is some filling which is sort of apple sauce like (well, puree then, I guess), but solid/dry enough not to run when cut into. It was definitely good, but I didn't decide that I could call it excellent until the end. Some of the reason of "excellent" is just giving a great shop the benefit of the doubt, but as an apple cake, it was definitely one of the best I've had, I enjoyed it, and I wouldn't mind having it again, although I'm okay with not having it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment