Sunday, August 14, 2016

Paris S'éveille: Éclair Printanier and Bombe Amande au Citron

Some recent leg pain seems to be from a new stretch, which I  been doing morning and night. When I did it at noon, I realized it's effect. So (i) I can stretch the part that hurts, which is good (the stretching, not the hurting); (ii) I should do it less strongly.

Today did about 13 km at 5.5 km/h to Paris S'éveille and got an Éclair Printanier (spring eclair) for 630 yen and a Bombe Amande au Citron (lemon almond bomb) for 450 yen. (I also got a Bostock from fraoula on the way, still the best I know, because they caramelize the bottom.)

The éclair is chocolate custard with liquor-soaked cherries under pistachio cream. I'm still not into cherries but the liquor flavor balanced them out as far as meeting the general excellentness of this cake. Also, I'll say it was interesting because I haven't had that many éclairs.


The pastry is in a crust but is mainly non-sponge almond cake, flavored with lemon and also a little raspberry on the bottom. Sugar-glazed. Definitely bomb-like in being heavy, but excellent.


Miss-framed the photo of the shop again. Have to try again next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment