Sunday, April 7, 2019

L'Abricotier's Le Piemont over Paris S'éveille's Fondant Chocolat

Still not running, which is starting to affect my back in bad ways. I'm going to have to do some stretches for that regularly again. Today, I bicycled down first to ABVT, in Oyamadai, but they did not have their Tentation Chocolat. I didn't ask why, I just went to get the backup choice, Paris S'éveille's Fondant Chocolat. Then it felt like a long ride to go to L'Abricotier and get Le Piemont (French article, no accent on the e, like the German, and the phonetic Japanese matches the Italian, which would have an e on the end, but so it goes in cake naming). These were both cakes that had lost their first two cake-off rounds. I did not know when I easting, not having reviewed my notes that deeply, but I had also questioned both of them as belonging among great cakes after their second round. This time, I was appreciating them both and don't feel a need to drop either down from the greats.

I microwaved the Fondant Chocolat so that it was indeed fondant (20 seconds and then it needed 10 more seconds, because my microwave is big, so it takes longer). It's still my favorite cake of this type, which I count as a cake, though it overlaps with café desserts, since it requires a cooking step just before eating, and baked goods. Le Piemont is mild but has almond and chocolate for flavor and a variety of textures, though no hot chocolate sauce, of course. Still, despite recognizing the merits of the Fondant Chocolat, I'm giving the win to Le Piemont. It was an enjoyable cake-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment