Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Origines Cacao: Printemps

Under my reorganized rating system, Origines Cacao is the top of the quite excellent shops, which now are above the superb shops, though based on fewer cakes (it the advantage of having had several great cakes that never got a chance to disappoint me since they haven't been available again), so I'm not included to immediately move any shops, just I wouldn't otherwise have been ready to get another cake from this shop. Tuesday, they had three cakes I haven't had before (and it seemed to be the full line-up). I chose the newest seasonal cake, since it appealed most, Printemps. It didn't travel well by bicycle, but it mostly survived. Like Sunday's cake, it was a mixture of different textures encircled by a shell that had to be cut. Sometime I'm going to try heating the knife to see how that works out (I also want to cut up the macaron, which was really nice separately, and mix it in). This is red fruit and pistachio, though not overpowering in either among cream and firmer parts inside (I didn't read that far down on the description), so it lives up well to the name "spring", as in the first appearance of a freshness. I'm going to say that it's good enough to be called great, though that needs testing, which now I plan to do this weekend (though I still need to verify that Hilltop allows take-out, which I failed to ask when I was just there yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment