Monday, April 15, 2019

Coffee Parlor Hilltop: Mont-blanc

Bicycled to Coffee Parlor Hilltop and ate in. There were a few cakes available (but only one of each visible), so I choose the Mont-blanc. It was definitely nice. The layer of chestnut was fairly thin, but it was also strong, so it was a good balance with the cream. I'm wondering whether there was some sort of alcohol involved, but it might have been just vanilla. I didn't care for the base, though, which is not visible. I guess I was expecting a biscuit or meringue but I'm not sure what it was, since it wasn't soft or crunchy, but was almost chewy, or at least it had some resistance to it. Maybe it was just a disk-shaped slice of chestnut, since chestnuts maybe have that texture. Still, it was good cake, so I might get back there before they close for renovation for 7 months starting April 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment