Sunday, April 21, 2019

Cake-off: Frédéric Cassel's Fraisier over Coffee Parlor Hilltop's Pistache Chocolat

Somewhat according to plan, I walked to Coffee Parlor Hilltop again to get Pistache Chocolat, though this time a little after noon, so it seemed a least a couple sold before me, but no problem getting mine. My purpose of being in a hurry was only secondarily because I'll be busy next weekend and they will close for renovation soon after that. It's been a year since I had Frédéric Cassel's Fraisier (which I need to go back to old posts and correct the spelling of throughout, now that I'm decided) and I'm not confident I'll find something else to pair it with for a second-round match of first-round losers. Took a few pictures along the way for future expansions of the neighborhood running course, though I didn't do any reviewing today, since I was so tired yesterday and didn't get a lot else done all day (was slightly more productive today).

Had a little trouble with this cake-off. I only had a half-lunch, and yet late, but toward the end of the cake testing, I think I got full, or at least something upset my stomach. Suddenly the chocolate in the Pistache Chocolat was overly strong and disagreeing with me. It's possible that someone changed the recipe, but not likely. Before that, I had already decided on the Fraisier, which is simple but has the quality to pull it off. I'll give the Pistache Chocolat the benefit of the doubt and all it excellent, so it will stay on the great list but have to prove itself in the third round (which I'll leave for December or next year).





No comments:

Post a Comment