Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Yoshinori Asami, Tendresse Orange

For Wednesday's cake from Isetan (since I'm still not running, though I'm definitely much better), I took advantage of the visit by Yoshinori Asami to get a 6th cake from this excellent shop. This time I got Tendresse Orange. I might have to go back and check the details, but obviously there is orange and definitely chocolate, though not so much as to dominate, and I think caramel. The base has poppy seed sized elements that give it some texture, maybe chopped orange peel? Not sure, but the cake really showed off a nice orange flavor without being too fruity for me and with a good texture, so I can say that this cake was excellent, which confirms my evaluation of the shop.

In other news, Sadaharu Aoki has a pistachio cream puff, through May, they told me, though it's not on the web page. Haven't heard what the featured cake at the Marunouchi salon will be this year and JPH also hasn't updated their line-up yet, so I also have those to look forward to. Next week, perhaps, I'll get out by bicycle for some weekday cakes, even if I'm not ready to run. I was fortunate in my timing for being limited to Isetan in terms of a new counter opening, two visiting shops worth trying, and many excellent cakes, even if I haven't found the next great one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment