Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Megan: Strawberry Cake & Kibi Sugar Cream Puff

Tuesday, I went to Isetan and got a second cake from Megan, which is visiting Isetan for three weeks. This time I got the Strawberry Cake, which is basically what is usually called in Japan strawberry shortcake. This is not a type of cake (or fruit) I have great appreciation for, but I am trying to develop my tastes. My conclusion in this case was that the taste, proportions (this has an unusually about sponge cake), and construction of this cake were all of high quality, so I am going with excellent. For exercise, I decided that I was up for trying a bike ride on a weekday. I went and confirmed my knowledge of the updated Jinguumae north loop. I went around rather than try carrying my bike down stains, though it would have been lighter than the groceries I carried today.

Wednesday I was back at Isetan. I wasn't intending to visit Megan again but when I found my target cake sold out, I decided that a third cake from Megan would not be a bad idea, since if it were excellent, I might want to go for a fourth (which would be the carrot cake) before they finished at Isetan. I got the Kibi Sugar Cream Puff (going with the name off the online English menu). This was definitely good but I can't say that I could detect the change in sugar or that it stood out except for the unusual shape (which does not make much difference). No running, but I did my indoor muscle training exercises excluding the squats, which my right foot is not up for.

No comments:

Post a Comment