Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Noix de Beurre, Waguri Mont-Blanc

Sunday, I got some cake for two from Noix de Beurre, Isetan, the Chantilly Fraise (not pictured, damaged in transportation) and one new one, their Waguri Mont-Blanc. It was definitely good, though I wished that I had used a sharper knife, just to cut through the chestnut paste without crushing the whipped cream underneath. The base is tart-like rather than meringue and there is a large piece (pre-cut into smaller chunks, I think) of chestnut in the center as well. I should look at knifes when I got back to Tokyu Hands to see about a glass jar for pickling.

In the evening, I finally did another one-way neighborhood run, this time as far as the Shibuya--Minami-Aoyama loop, which is ten loops out (not that I start from Loop #1, but I start before my neighbor courses start branching, so it's all proportionate beyond the first few). Not surprisingly, I found flaws in my old course (crossing signal), so I ran an approximation and updated the course for next time, though I don't feel compelled to repeat it before starting on the next set of loops (the 11s out). Took a picture on the way back that works even at night for the neighborhood map of a cafe on the Jinguumae--Kita-Aoyama Central Loop (which is 8 loops out) that seems quite good for cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment