Thursday, September 27, 2018

Bien-être: Seasonal Tart (Kyohou Grape)

Yesterday, I went to Bien-être and they were sold out of the one cake that I wanted, which did not surprise me, so I reserved cake and a table for the next day. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the next day looking forward to that, even though it's not like I don't want to get cake from other places. Jumping back to yesterday, though, I had added Lola's Cupcakes to the Northwest Jinguumae Loop, so I visited there for the first time and got a tiny (less than 3 cm in diameter) Chocolate Cupcake. It was good, but I couldn't make out what the frosting was. It was not as stiff as I would expect buttercream to be (though maybe I'm used to eating them at colder temperatures). A few minutes later, I had a kind of bad taste in my mouth, but I'm not sure that it's fair to blame the cupcake, since there wasn't any immediate strange aftertaste that I noticed, though I'm suspicious of the stars. Anyway, there is a reason that I've moved on from cupcakes, namely that there are so much better things.

Today, I went and got my cake. Since I had a table time, I did not need to be in a hurry and tested out the new parts of the Northwest Jinguumae loop on the way there, and also checked out from the outside a couple baked goods shops in odd places down around Yoyogi Park Station (both on tiny side streets, one in a basement and one on a second floor).

As promised, they kicked out (gently) people a table (and probably the table next it, though the people with that reservation didn't show up for another fifteen minutes) and I got my Seasonal Tart, which includes kyohou grapes. It's a pretty thick tart, maybe a butter tart on the bottom and a relatively restrained layer of custard before fruit held by some gelatin. Also, whipped cream and I suppose those are pistachio sprinkled on. Other fruit besides two kinds of grapes seem to be fig and strawberry. I think there was also a raspberry, which is maybe hidden in the back of the photo. It was excellent, so I recommend it to fruit tart lovers. It's my first to try a seasonal tart, but I look forward to whatever the next season is (couldn't get a definite prediction of what or when).

On the way back, I finished reviewing the Jinguumae Northwest loop, which had expanded to add Cookie Time, but then I saw that there as a Kyoubashi Senbikiya, which is a fruit dessert seller, but that includes cake (which I've blogged already, for a different source), so I felt a need to add it. Now the course breaks down, so I've had to slit off the bottom as the Jinguumae Central West loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment