Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Bien-être, Figue Mille-feuille

Yesterday, did my first Bien-être run since they reopened, as I confirmed. They had three great cakes and one excellent cake but no new cakes, so I ran to Shibuya Hiharie ShinQ and got a sweet quiche fromToshi Yoroizuka, but I should have been more careful, as it needed to remain flat, whereas I was given it a paper sack, and I didn't worry about it. It was still good, but I don't want to judge it based on that experience. About an 80-minute run.

Today, trying Bien-être again, I ran slower and shouldn't have, as they were more busy, and though they had more and different cakes left today, the short cake sold out in front of me and I had to settle for Figue Mille-feuille. This time, I was more careful about my cake (and my feet), and walked home. This is my fourth type of mille-feuille, but I'm going to stick with excellent for now, as I still like the balance of lots of dense pastry and maybe equal parts fruit and custard. I may have to result in reserving a piece or going near opening time (which is what I do for cake-offs, when I need a specific cake) to get a new cake. I'll see how next Wednesday goes, which is probably when I'll get back there next. I still have three cake back-ups and two pastry back-ups, so I can be patient for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment