Thursday, September 20, 2018

Frédéric Cassel: Tarte Myrtille Creamcheese

Despite the rain (though the rain was less than earlier in the day), I did a run out to Ginza Mitsukoshi to finally visit Frédéric Cassel again. Forgot to look to see whether they still have their mont-blanc, so I'll have to try to do that on Saturday was reconnaissance for the next cake-off. Don't remember the window being that narrow last time, or I could have waited to do La Figue. Full disclosure, because of the rain, caring cake, not wanting to over-strain my foot, and being behind on getting other things done, I took the train back.

Today, my target was Tarte Myrtille Creamcheese, though there were two other new cakes that I could have chosen from. The name pretty much defines it. It was definitely good, but the blueberry was too subtle for me to get too excited about. I might be getting tired of this tart series, though the quality remains high, so I'm still looking forward to next month's flavor, if they keep the same pattern, but Sadaharu Aoki is now a higher priority, after Bien-être.

No comments:

Post a Comment