Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Ryoura: Waguri Mont-Blanc

Monday (a substitute holiday for the September equinox), I tried running to a local cake place in Daikanyama area, but they took a holiday as well, though in theory they are open Mondays. It was not a very direct run there, as I wanted to get a new picture for Shibuya 4-choume Town Park (which Google maps kept substituting a different picture of mine for, even if I deleted it, so there is some corruption in my Google map) as well as a couple places around Shibuya Bridge and Ebisu Station. Since I was running, I had decided on Ryoura as a backup, which is several kilometers away, and then back by train. First, though, I stopped at Café Le Cordon Bleu for a second pastry. This time, they had a big selection, so it sells out fairly early. Back-translating the shown English name and receipt name (not the same) to the Japanese and then back to French, it was Torsadé Pistache (pistachio twist, which I should know). This also has some chocolate twisted inside, as well as pistachio, and the outside nuts and chocolate are held well by a hardened syrup coating, which made this chewy over the flakiness of the pastry. Definitely excellent, so I would like to get back there again.

They just started the Waguri Mont-Blanc at Ryoura (and I had seen the photo on Facebook), and last time's Mont-Blanc had been great I thought, so I got that. It was good, so I enjoyed it, but it did not standard out as a mont-blanc. The simplicity of just a simple meringue base, whipped cream, and chestnut paste means that it pretty much depends on how the chestnut hits me, and it was fine but not my favorite for cake, apparently.

I'll mention that it was more weekend running than other weeks, but I'm doing stretches for my foot pain twice a day now, and it seems to be improving nicely, so not too bad this morning. Tonight, I did some local shopping running around places looking at drinking vinegar. I've gotten some recently, and it has more honey in it than expected, so it's not very low calorie. I ended up getting some black vinegar today that has about half the calories, though it still says add honey to taste, so I'm not sure how it's going to work out for drinking. I can still use it for other things.

Before finding that, I've added several alternative dessert locations in the Omotesandou/Harujuku neighborhood area to my neighborhood running course, and tentatively changed it for future runs. Still on the old course is the Aoyama-douri Pudding Shop, so I bought a little baked non-fresh (packaged, actually) cake there today, called Chocolat Aoyama Sanpo (stroll/walk). It would be pretty messing to try to eat it walking, so I'm glad I didn't try. This was much better than I expected, so I might even try their other "white" version of this. It certainly qualifies as definitely good.


No comments:

Post a Comment