Friday, September 14, 2018

Hidomi, Ilhéur

Yesterday, I took a rest from running, though some of my shopping was running related and it took a lot of walking. Still ate up the same about of time, so I still managed to get practically nothing else done in the evening. Since I was out at Odakyu Halc, I sampled Pompadour as a first post and got a Pain aux Raisins. Not actually very special, but not bad, so I'll say it was good. This counts as being on the neighborhood course since I've allowed Shinjuku Takashimaya (as across the street from a west Shinjuku loop) and they are connected by underground tunnel.

Today, I had the afternoon off, so I ran out to Hidemi (with lots of stretching), as a candidate for promotion from the very good tier of cake shops. I did not write it down, but it was fairly memorable, so I think I have it right as Ilhéur (the "h" is silent). I was attracted to the chocolate, but Hidemi is about fruit, in this case pineapple, lime, and coconut (if that counts). The harmony doesn't quite do it for me though, and I really don't like the texture of shredded coconut meat, certainly not in a smooth cream/gelatin. Still it was definitely interesting and well made, so it was pleasant and I can call it good, but Hidemi is off the radar for promotion and now I'm noticing Noix de Beurre in its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment