Friday, January 20, 2017

Sadaharu Aoki: Tarte Caramel Salé

Went to Isetan and got Tarte Caramel Salé (タルトカラメルサレ; 720 yen) (although there may be an "au" missing in there), more for yesterday's run than today's which was pretty pathetic. I needed a clearer goal. Rather than more 13 km/h intervals, I decided to try hill work, but with my running budget, going out to the Akasaka Palace course didn't leave much for the actual hills, so I tried running along Gaien West Avenue from in front of the Sokagakkai Shinjuku Cultural Center intersection (or where the Shinjuku History and Culture Course meets Gaien West Avenue), down to the Daikyoucho intersection, which is good as far as grade, but is only about 280 meters and is a little narrow if anyone else is walking on it. It's not so busy, but I was making a nuisance of myself, so I only did about four downward runs at 13 to 14 km/h (plus upward runs at 9 to 10 km/h, which not really enough to even get sweaty, as cold as it was. I won't try there again for that.

The "cake" seemed great. This was a soft, semi-flowing, if that makes sense, caramel under the top. Wasn't particularly salty that I noticed, which is just as well. It has limited availability, though, and isn't on their website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment