Friday, January 13, 2017

Fiorentina Pastry Boutique: Bianco Monte Japanese

Another shortish run revisiting some place I've been but never blogged. In this case, I went down to Fiorentina Pastry Boutique in the Hyatt in Roppongi Hills, which is about 3.5 km. Partially, I was trying not to go to fast and partially I was just still tired from yesterday, so my speeds were 10 km/h going down and 9 km/h coming back. Same as yesterday, I waited until later to have my cake with tea.

The cake was the Bianco Monte Japanese (626), which is another mont-blanc with domestic chestnuts. The chestnut paste was very smooth and the meringue base was very nutty. The base was coarser and yet airier than Jean-Paul Hévin's, which is my reference. Definitely excellent, so I should visit again soon. Note, that the cake didn't travel perfectly, so it's probably less symmetric than originally.

No comments:

Post a Comment