Thursday, January 5, 2017

Maison Kayser: Chausson aux Pommes

Decided ahead of time that it was a good day to skip the cake, though I just took a step down to viennoiserie, which is to say, fancy bread. In this case, I got a Chausson aux Pommes (ショソン オ ポム; 302 yen) from Maison Kayser at Isetan. Maison Kayser only opened there fairly recently and has several fancy things not found at other Isetan counters, so they fill a niche. This one is rather plain, being a very flaky apple pie, but it was good. Maison Kayser used to be my favorite place when I was living in Narima District and came into the Ikebukuro Station area.

The run was lap training at Meiji Gingu Gaien. I did three laps (about 4 km) at +12.0 km/h, which was hard, but I managed to stay just high enough coming home to call that 12 km/h, so I may be able to do 4 laps next time. Not sure when that will be be. Have a three day weekend (with a Monday holliday) coming up and I need to get to Au Bon Vieux Temps one day and still keep in the budget, but would like to get somewhere the other two days, too. Monday, though, I probably won't have much budget left and will do some sort of training run, but even 4 laps might put be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment