Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Anniversary: Short Cake

Nothing exciting to report other than meeting the challenge of running to a place that closes at 19:00, which I'm not likely to get another chance to try soon on a work night. Specifically, I ran down to Anniversary in Minamiaoyama, which is about 3 km away, at 11 km/h going and 10 km/h coming back with cake. I got their (regular) Short Cake (ショートケーキ, 486 yen), which experience with several cakes from there suggests is the best option. Unfortunately, I'm not that into (strawberry) shortcake. I think it requires more calm and less hunger than I usually have when I'm eating cake after running. Perhaps I should try setting it aside, taking my shower, having dinner, and making tea first. I should try that next time I'm in the same situation. Anyway, this was good short cake and nice looking, so I recommend it for anyone who would like this kind of soft cake surrounded in whipped cream and flavored with strawberry.


No comments:

Post a Comment