Saturday, January 2, 2016

Yanaka H&C course

No cake today (well, a couple days ago, now), just running on New Year's Day afternoon. I did the Yanaka History and Culture course in about 59' and a total run of about 3 hours. The Yanaka course is okay, but the third part is rather boring, just going up the main street toward Komagome Station. Part 2, which is the part that goes from Yanaka (apparently; haven't looked up yet what/where it actually is) and Nishinippori (West Nippori) Station, is actually a spur from the middle of Part 1. On Jan. 1, there were a lot of people of all ages out going to visit a temple for Hatsumoude, which is a visit to a religious site for prayer and buying new charms and taking back the old ones.

Now I'm feeling that the courses I've been following are somewhat arbitrary groupings of the shorter walks. Given the number, this is probably reasonable, but I'm consider making my own groupings to create courses, although ultimately, I'd like to make regular courses for visiting cake shops, such as "50 km Great Cake Shops Course". My courses would be loops.

No comments:

Post a Comment