Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sunday: Viron again

From last time, I decided that Viron is actually great. (And reviewing, Ryoco is not great, but still worthy of special attention.). On the grounds I want to give equal attention to the great shops, I'm trying to catch up with Viron, although, because they are more a bread than a cake place, I'm likely to run out of things faster than some places.

Today was their Mille-feuille, for 700 yen, which was great. This is a regular mille-feuille, but it has icing, which many here don't. The other parts are also excellent, but the icing puts it into the great category. And it traveled pretty well by bicycle basket (it was well packed). Also got some great rye bread (Seigle).

Continuing my baking, today was pecan pasties, which is a different recipe from yesterday's pecan pie tarts. The pasties are easier and my first impression is that they are more delicious, but the next test is comparing them defrosted, since most of them aren't going to getting eaten fresh-baked. Note, that the recipe actually says to chop the pecans, but I could not see the advantage: I don't mix them with rest of the filling, I distribute them evenly into the shells and then add the rest of the fill on top. Of course, a lot of dripping is involved.


No comments:

Post a Comment