Sunday, January 17, 2016

Le Précieuse (No running)

This time I bought closer to home, at La Précieuse, although the bag and card say Le Milieu, which seems to be the home base, in Kanazawa.

Got the Sicilian. Not sure what was in it. Sorry, out of the habit. It's pistachios, I know, baked to be hard (maybe a meringue), and then a cream/custard layer with fruit, strawberry, maybe, although just small pieces. It was 470, which was reasonable (though it is small), and it also traveled well by bike, which is important now, since I can't run. More importantly, it was excellent, so I should get back there, which is pretty easy to do, although while I'm not running I'll probably limit my cake. But a couple cakes during the week would be nice. Also, I have a baking disaster that I need to either eat up or throw away, that I don't want to write further about other than to say, I'm going to try again next weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment