Monday, January 11, 2016

Sunday: no running: Bel Amer

My right foot was sorer waking up (than when I went to sleep, not than the end of my run yesterday), so I immediately gave up on running. Instead, I started out for a patisserie 15 km away and talked myself out of it in a 1 km, not because I was in pain, but because it did not seem like the best plan, and instead went over to Mitsukoshi and bought almond powder and a 7 cm tart form for walnut snowball cookies and tarts, respectively. Swung by Fraoula and got a bostock and a croissant, for both of which they have my favorites (actually, I've only had bostock/bostok from three places now, there, Viron, and Aux Bacchanales, but I'm always looking).

Since I did 46 km yesterday and was not sure when I would get to run again, despite not running, I visited Isetan and got a cake I've been wanting to get for a while, the Chocolat Tatan at (Chocolat) Bel Amer for 496 yen. It was very good, although it did not convince me that I need to seek out a lot of chocolate and apple cakes. Still, they are a worthy addition to the map, and the last of the basement Isetan counters that I had prioritized introducing here.


There are still other counters that I'll probably add someday (even Henri Charpentier, although I'll probably save that one until last or I'm asked to buy from there). Also, I assume that one can get takeout from Rose Bakery on the third floor of the main building, although I don't recall ever having done that, only eaten in, and the Isetan website only shows it on their floor map.

The walnut cookies were good (I got them to rise more than a similar Swedish Heirloom recipe did, although I may go back to pecans, since the walnuts are a bit of a strong aftertaste). Today (a holiday), I did not even try to walk as far as Isetan (although my foot was less sore) and made pecan pie tarts again, this time doing 2/3 of recipe, which was too much. The 14 cm ones probably didn't bake enough, I fear, but the new 7 cm one worked great. Need to get more of those forms. Seven more would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment