Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Nonstop local run and Henri le Roux (Isetan): Éclair Chocolat

Got a third Henri le Roux cake from Isetan, so for my running, I did a nonstop run, using what I had learned previously and starting by going west. Still ended up coming out of the wrong subway exit when using it to cross to a different block, so I could go farther, but it was okay. At 1 hour, I intended to finish my loop and go back, but hit road construction that closed the sidewalk, so I had to detour to the next street back, which is really what I should have been using since the light was out only because of construction for the Olympics. Ended with 1:12' run. Was sore at the beginning, especially when I hit the first slightly up-slope part, so yesterday's Akasaka Palace course work definitely had an effect.

The "cake" (and they call it cake there) was Éclair Chocolat for 432 yen, which has thick chocolate, a solid chocolate bar inside, the biscuit of course, and some caramel and nuts on top (nougatine, "brown nougat"). Best éclair I've ever had (which is not high praise by itself), and I'm going to call it "great", although it is simple rather than revolutionary. This is a third great cake in a row (and three of only four available), so I'm going to call the shop "great".


Probably go back tomorrow for the last cake. Not sure what I'll get from there after that, but won't have to decide until maybe next Tuesday, since I have other weekend cake plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment