Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Chez Cima (Isetan): Caramel Poire

Can't tell whether my leg is better or the drugs work (which seems unlikely), but at least I am walking at a normal speed, even though it still hurts. Walking more on the left side and working out indoors has me worried about other physical problems, but so it goes.

At least I felt I could walk the extra distance to Isetan and back on my commute. I visited Chez Cima, which has a difficult selection for me and was not a priority, but under the circumstances, I'll take it. Ruled out the obvious chocolate, as it has coffee. The other chocolate looked overly light, and had cherries. In addition to a strawberry tart (which would probably be fine, but would not tell me much about their cake-making skill), mont-blanc, and standard (strawberry) short cake, they had another short-cake like cake with apricot and cherries again, so I went for the Caramel Poire, caramel and pear, even though I'm not thrilled by pear and often have trouble with caramel.

The Caramel Poire for 486 was excellent. The caramel was strong and not sweet, but ultimately I dealt with it and it was good, as was the pear. Clearly, they know what they are doing. I'd like to visit the main store next, which is not so far away (under normal circumstances) and maybe has a wider selection (their website does not really give any hints, though). Anyway, since the cake was excellent, I feel obligated to designate them as "worthy" on the map.


No comments:

Post a Comment