Thursday, January 21, 2016

Un Grand Pas: Fig

No running, of course. My leg actually felt like it was definitely improved today, but then started hurting bad at the end of the workday, although not more than the worst last week. I'm still worried that it's a stress fracture and isn't getting any better because I walk on it (because I need to go places and do things).

One thing maybe I don't need to do is go to Isetan, although it does not add that much walking to the day. I did though. Weirdly, where I thought Chez Cima was on Tuesday, the sign was covered and there seemed to be something else going on (Valentine's day is coming up, so some temporary rearrangement is expected for that madness), but I didn't look closely, as my goal was Ma Patisserie, which is (Patisserie et les Biscuits) Un Grand Pas, from Saitama City, this week. 

I got "Fig" for 420 yen, which has no figs, so my guess at an English spelling might be wrong. This is pistachio marzipan around rum-soaked raisins and currants, I think, on an almond cookie base, so it's like a fruitcake tart, almost. The cream layer in between is coffee, which I kind of noticed and could have done without, but it didn't ruin it for me, so it's probably best that I didn't know, since I'm not sure that anything else they had would suit me. Eventually, maybe I'll get used to coffee, but I don't accidentally eat it that often. Anyway, it was still excellent. I'm a little worried that the pain and medicine is making me loose my discrimination, but it is Isetan, after all, so I shouldn't be surprised that it's not bad. I might go back again while they are still at Isetan, since I don't know if I'll ever go that far north again, even if my leg recovers, and I've got enough to do in Tokyo.


No comments:

Post a Comment