Sunday, January 31, 2016

Origines Cacao (Isetan visit)

No running today, but I was walking a lot, even at my normal fast speed, and didn't get more than a little sore. I'll keep stretching, but I might be ready to do some light running. First I'll see whether walking a few kilometers during the day in my work shoes put me back. Of course, I've eaten so much cake this weekend, and I've got so much pecan pie tarts and tartlets, as well as pecan tassies (never can remember that word), that I don't need to be visiting cake shops. On the other hand, my cake shop visits have been limited to so few locations, so I want to get out there.

For cake, I went to Origines Cacao, who was visiting Isetan. In order that I sampled them, I got a Noisette Citron Vert, Alicante again, and Nakayama, each for 500, 509, and 580 plus 8% tax (127), although I don't know which was which and I probably won't get back to find out, although the Alicante was 550 previously, so it was probably not the cheapest one.

The Noisette Citron Vert, which is hazelnuts among chocolate with just enough lime to notice (must be pieces, because I got a sudden stronger taste in one bite). I thought this was great.




Then I sampled the Alicante (I didn't bother to take a new picture), which was okay, but it didn't strike me as clearly great like it did the previous time. This is a reminder that no evaluation is perfect and there are a lot of other factors, such as else I've eaten and drunk. Still, it was good.

The Nakayama is in the mont-blanc family, and it was fine but not my thing. Even the little bit of chocolate has a big effect, so I liked it more than Viron's mont-blanc.

No comments:

Post a Comment