Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Frédéric Cassel, Macaronade Sakura

Still catching up on blogging and posting pictures on my neighborhood running course map, I come to last Thursday afternoon. I had gone one getting cake I hadn't been able to get all week due to late working hours and early shop closing hours. After a half-lunch, I ate a new cake from the quite superb Frédéric Cassel that I had gotten at Ginza Mitsukoshi at the end of the afternoon run. The name is dubious, but the closest I could get to French (I don't think macaronade actually usually refers to macarons, but I don't really know). Obviously, its cherry, in the form of cream, but also raspberry in an almond macaron sandwich. I'm not always a fan of these types of cakes and cherry is definitely a difficult fruit for cakes with me, but this was definitely excellent, so I can certainly recommend it to anyone interested in either.

No comments:

Post a Comment