Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Jean-Paul Hévin: Tartelette Soufflé Chocolat Pablino

Friday, which was a non-running day, and also non-cake, we went to the Kihachi restaurant (as a second choice) and ordered with a dessert course. I went with the regular Kihachi Napoleon Pie (whipped cream, strawberry, a little custard, and puff pastry), as an upgrade. Note, staff are all masked, of course, we sat a "bar" (actually one side of a big wooden table), so we were actually relatively separated from most people, though of course there was another couple on one side.
This was versus the upgrade course menu which included a dessert platter. I guess the Match Tiramisu is actual cake, but just yogurt and fruit was the best for me sampled from this selection.

Saturday, when there was running in the evening, included a visit to Jean-Paul Hévin, where we tried two café desserts which they claimed just started, though I had seen one before, the Tartelette Soufflé Chocolat Pablino, which is a great café dessert, for those who like chocolate cake at least. The filling is chocolate and orange sauce.

The other dessert was also good, just I'm not that into ice cream, even if I like macaron and the sauce. It was definitely good ice cream, of course. The name of the dessert is Gâteaux à la Minute, according to the menu, but I'm going to ignore than an make it Gâteau à la Minute, as in instant cake, I think, though I'm not counting it was cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment