Thursday, March 26, 2020

Higuma Doughnuts x Coffee Wrights: Cinnamon & Sugar Doughnut

Sunday morning, I went around Jinguumae on the way to some neighborhood running course loop (I think the Jinguumae 5&6), to try to complete my visits to all the food sites I put on the Jinguumae Kita-Aoyama north loop. The first thing I ate was a cake-shi (but soft/fresh/fluffy) one from Burnside Street Cafe/B Portland Cafe. It was excellent, as a fresh doughnut, but only because they heat up a plain one or fry on the spot and add the topping, so it's a restaurant, and not really a running stop (took a few minutes). I get to check them off as visited, but now I know that I didn't need to.

Actually, on the way, I stopped at what I thought would be (and might still be named) Tournage in Jinguumae 2 (versus their east shop), but I was informed that actually the shop was now an organic cafe and this was their first day with new staff. This seems to be Sunday Co-bo Kafe, so I guess just a Sunday thing and maybe I didn't get or understand the full explanation. They had soup, so it's not just baked goods. I went, not because I've never had anything from them, but because I'd never had a fresh pastry from them, but the new version didn't have pastries. They were nice though, so I bought a strawberry jam based yeast cake (basically, a coffee-cake), which was definitely good. (It didn't have a card, so I don't have a name, as they just described it rather than claiming a name.) Hope it works out for them, despite their terrible timing to open a cafe (but they can sell takeout).

The other new shop I visited was Higuma Doughnuts x Coffee Wrights. This place does count as a running site, because the donuts are already made and kept warm. I got the Sugar & Cinnamon Doughnut. It was good as a doughnut, but this was a yeast doughnut that squished to nothing when you bit into it, though I guess that's really the best a yeast doughnut is going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment