Sunday, March 15, 2020

Chez Lui: Cassis Dijon

Went to another shop on the neighborhood running course, this one in Suragaku-chou, down southwest from Shibuya Station. Never had high expectations for this shop based on never having heard any recommendations and the line-up, but I did have an excellent (rather old-fashioned Japanese) pastry. I went with Cassis Dijon. The card claims that it has chocolate crunch, would would be expected to go with cassis/blackcurrant, but I don't remember any crunch, just the bottom layer is thick chocolate sponge, which doesn't really go with anything, but certainly not with a mousse top. It does explain the low price, although the size would also explain that. Anyway, this cake reminded me of other cakes from similar old chains, just those cakes are not my style, so I won't need to get cakes as such from them, though I will try more pastries.

No comments:

Post a Comment