Monday, August 27, 2018

Ryoura: Mont-Blanc

After some other afternoon business, I rode out to Ryoura. It was about 4 p.m., but the main road running along/under the highway wasn't that bad for bicycling. Ryoura is closed for a couple days next (fairly standard schedule for them), but there was still a good selection when I arrived today. This is my 11th cake from Ryoura, which catches them up to other quite excellent shops, and I decided to finally try their Mont-Blanc. It seems much flatter at home than originally, but that's what a bicycle will do; I assume that the taste is the same. This is a very basic/standard mont-blanc, with a meringue base, whipped cream, and chestnut cream (no fruit and not even chestnut pieces inside). Everything was well balanced, I enjoyed it, and I don't have any suggestions for improvements. I could make an argument for a good rating, since it's not clear that it stands out from other mont-blanc, but I'd like to make that comparison more directly, since this seems great.

I had time to run afterward, so I considered in on the way bicycling back with the cake, but I worried about making myself sick from overdoing it, spoiling future runs, so I didn't. Of course, what I should have been thinking was that there was a lightning storm threatening (according to the most recent news I had bothered to check), and some rain drops on the way back, so I shouldn't be outside. It did get pretty noisy outside around 7:50 pm, though I wouldn't have been out there by then even if I had run, but I shouldn't cut it so close just to check off a couple more neighborhood course loops. Maybe next Sunday again.


No comments:

Post a Comment