Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Bien-être, Mille-Feuille au Mangue

It took me two days, but I got a semi-new cake from Bien-être. On Monday, they did not have anything new left in the evening, so I kept running down to Shibuya Stn. area, reviewing part of my neighborhood map where I missed a turn before,  and got a Pain aux Raisons from La Terre in the Toukyuu Food Show, which was a second excellent pastry from them. Not that my standards are that high, but it was layered, in a ringed way, and moist (though flaky can also work), so I'm happy with them so far. On the running side, I worked in 10 1-min intervals and managed to get to the cake shop in under 28 min of running time.

Tuesday, they had a couple choices, a short cake and a mille-feuille, so I went with the one I knew I would like, the Mille-Feuille au Mangue (or something like that). As usual, their mille-feuille was excellent and mange might be the best combination yet, though there is still the danger that I'll get tired of their mille-feuille, so next time there is a new one, I'll try to get something else. Tried to take the shortest route until I had to wait for a light and ended up running in a U and took more than 35 this time, though slower running was also a factor. I only ran a little bit on the way back because I stopped soon for groceries and then had a 4+ km walk home.

Unfortunately, my next priority for both a new cake and the next cake-off is closed for summer vacation for the next week. I guess I'll finally get back to Libertable for cake, but first I'll take a rest from running tomorrow and do some shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment