Friday, August 10, 2018

Cacao Store (Théobroma): Tarte Berries

Went to Bien-être, but, no surprise, Friday evening they were sold out of the newer cake items in the lineup, so I went for a second cake from Cacao Store, the nearest shop I wanted to follow up on. The cakes are double-listed with Théobroma, which is reasonable since Cacao Store's focus is bean-to-bar chocolate, not cake. The only choice was the Tarte Berries, which is self-explanatory, at least with the picture. I walked back, still not that interested in running with cake, at least not in the evening heat. My expectations were low, and this tart failed to meet them. The fruit quality was reasonable, although blueberries (or whatever) aren't very flavorful and the base tart didn't have anything good going on in terms of crust or filling (there is custard, obviously, but this was very dry for a custard tart but not good as a butter tart). It was still ok, but "ok" is not okay with me, so I won't be back probably unless their first cake, which seemed great, wins a cake-off round.

No comments:

Post a Comment