Sunday, August 19, 2018

Cake-off: Il Pleut sur la Seine's Le Saint-Marc over Paris S'éveille's Fondant Chocolat

Did a run to Jiyuugaoka by the long way, taking pictures for my neighborhood course map, finding a few new things requiring revisions and inciting me to simplify some parts of previously made courses. My goal was to get Paris S'éveille's Fondant Chocolat for a second-round cake-off in the first-round losers bracket. I realized about two-thirds of the way there that I had forgotten to put cash in my wallet case. Fortunately, I had taken my change, which was enough for the fondant, and I had my train pass (which works at some shops, but most require cash, so I wan't going waste time at a shop I wasn't sure about). My feet were tired from yesterday's almost 2 hour run and the about 80 minutes of running today, so maybe it's just as well that I took the train back home first and then went out by bicycle to get Le Saint-Marc from Il Pleut sur la Seine. The cake didn't seem to suffer any damage.

Both of these cakes are simple and chocolate. In the photo, you can see that I've already microwaved, as recommended by the shop, the Fondant Chocolat. Still, I'm not remembering why I liked this type of cake enough to mark it as great, but I'm give it one more chance before I drop it, since it survived the first round. The saint-mark was definitely great and deserves to be compared to other saint-marc some time, to figure out which is the best in Tokyo, though that's different type of project.

Among cakes (generally) available, I've only got three more cakes left for the second-round of the loser's bracket, so I'm going to have to be careful not to run out and not be ready if something suddenly becomes available, although I've got three that I've done a first-round, so, assume that they are actually great, I may be able to generate another relatively quickly. Next weekend I'm busy, though, so I'll worry about what I'll do next later, but eventually I'll get close enough to the end of the the second-year that I may try some pastry-offs, though my list of great pastries is pretty short.

No comments:

Post a Comment