Friday, August 10, 2018

Frédéric Cassel: Charlotte Framboise Verveine and Sudaki Sugar Savarin

Tried to get new cake from my favorite shop currently having new cake, trying to treat someone who likes savarin. Specifically, Frédéric Cassel had/has Sudaki Sugar Savarin, which I'm not sure what to say beyond the name: is sponge with fruit rum and a special sugar that I'm not deeply familiar with, but I think I've used it in my own cooking as a "red" sugar (that is, it's like brown sugar but different). The other cake chosen was Charlotte Framboise Verveine, which isn't a usual charlotte, but rather made of cheese, in this case Verveine, which I'm also not familiar with.

These were both good but not really more than that, unfortunately. Of course, someone more into savarin could like it more. The charlotte was more bland than I remember the previous wild strawberry version being, versus this raspberry version. The problem with having too many choices, I'm told is always thinking that you haven't made the best. However, the search is fun, too.

In the evening I ran. I decided to do a neighborhood run to at least finish revisiting the Jinguumae--Kitak-Aoyama loop, which I did all of before going home (off the course). Total run was just over an hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment