Sunday, August 26, 2018

Libertable: Grace

Went back to Libertable to share the previous cheesecake and try another new cake, Grace. It was hot and in the middle of a day that I had other things to do, so I went by bicycle, though it was still a pretty sweaty business. Grace was chosen among things I haven't had because it's been in the line-up for a long time, so I figured it was a about time. This is mainly a red fruit mousse cake, which means fruity and gelatinous, so a tough sell with me. I those terms, this did not really rise above the standard, though definitely of high quality. This claims heavy (? not sure how to interpretty koku = コク in this case) cream, but the distinctive taste is the basil: actually I wouldn't be surprised if there are other spices. It was definitely good, and interesting, which their cakes usually are. The last three cakes have been excellent on average, so the shop category excellent is probably appropriate, so my focus will turn to better than excellent shops, though I've had one great cake that I'll have to get back to for cake-off, so it might not be that long before I revisit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment