Saturday, May 13, 2017

Cake-off: Sadaharu Aoki "Cheese Cake Citronné" over Dalloyau "Fromage Cru"

Started off by going to Aigre-Douce, so naturally I got a little lost trying to take a shortcut. They still did not have Fraise Framboise, but they still had Tarte au Caramel Salé. Also, they had Miroir Cassis, which I'm not sure whether it's great, so I've decided I should try it again, especially since I can put it in a cake-off with a hard to match blueberry chocolate cake.

Then I did the same thing (getting lost on back streets) trying to go to Ikebukuro Station, but it's not far. I checked out both Tobu and Seibu and found at least a couple that I could imagine visiting (or have visited in the past but not blogged), but nothing high in priority and the same can be said of the Ginza area, which I prefer. I was disappointed, though that they did not have what I came for at the Dalloyau, which was the Fromage Cru (they had about 6 other types of cakes).

As I result, I headed back without cake, at least as far as Isetan, where I got Cheese Cake Citronné. This was about 12 km that I can figure out at about 9 km/h.

After a rest, I headed out to Ginza to get the Fromage Cru, going not a very direct way and using more tunnels and bridges than normal and I stopped for groceries on the way back. It was another 9 km at 9 km/h.


As my heading shows, I chose the Sadaharu Aoki over the Dalloyau, although I don't think I've changed my mind about either. The Fromage Cru is just pure, creamy rare cheesecake, but I appreciate the nuances of citrus and hazelnut crust of the Cheese Cake Citronné.

No comments:

Post a Comment