Thursday, May 25, 2017

Rue de Passy: Noble

Did a workday run down to Rue de Passy for the first time and got there in time, no problem, other than turning one street too soon (so 100 m more than necessary). It's about 8 km each way and the first half out was around 11 km/h, but I was just on the 10 km/h side overall for going. I was able especially to maintain a high speed for the couple kilometers along Aoyama Avenue, which is hard with the crowds but good for making the lights, which are the other thing besides the crowds that make this potentially the slow part of the trip that could make me late. Running fast there is also a good strategy for endurance/fat burning: warm up a couple kilometers, go fast for a couple kilometers, and then go slow and long for several kilometers. Coming back, I was almost exactly 9 km/h, but it felt more uphill.

The cake was Noble (573 yen), which is a dense chocolate cake. I was happy with this cake. It was definitely good and I like chocolate, though there was nothing to strongly distinguish it, but it still confirms this shop as quite good. I was not disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment