Tuesday, May 9, 2017

D-style Tokyo: Pistache Pistache

Tried out D-style Tokyo up by Wasada University. It's tiny as far as a cake shop, but has a little tea salon that had several people, which was surprising. I got a little lost getting there and did a complete loop when trying to come back, so I'm guessing at distances. Still, I was around 11 km/h for going about 3+ km and am assuming 9 km/h coming back, which makes it 4+ km, after which I had another 1 km at 10 km/h for regular meal shopping.

I got the Pistache Pistache (440 yen). This is tiny, which I don't mind if the price is at least somewhat reduced, but this pistachio cake was too gelatinous and didn't have any flavor to recommend it, so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt saying it is ok, since maybe some people like gelatinous nut cakes. Not me. I think I'll take a rest from cake tomorrow, from disappointment, and save up for a cake-off with presumably great cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment