Monday, May 22, 2017

Ginza West (Ginza branch): Mango Short Cake

No running Sunday, although Friday's run had that covered, somewhat. In the afternoon, I went to Ginza West, the main shop in Ginza, which I had been meaning to do after Sweet Sonobe mentioned it (not that I haven't been by at least the Aoyama one many times). It's very old fashioned, including the cake and receipt, which does not explain anything but the final price per person. I think the Mango Short Cake was 800 yen plus. I also got a plate with some sort of unbaked chocolate cake/fondant and ice cream in chocolate sauce with some whipped cream, but I can't recall the name now, other than having the word chocolate in it, and it's not on their online menu (again, old fashioned, and Tabelog doesn't want to transmit information to me). The picture is perhaps more useful. With drinks, they both cake out to 1512 yen each, even though the individual prices were a few hundred yen different.

The mango short cake was definitely good, in that the mango fruit was good and the sponge seemed good quality, though not my thing. I was even less into the chocolate whatever this is. It's vaguely brownie like but completely soft. I'm still called it good, I guess, but I'm less certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment