Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Jean-Paul Hévin, Verrine Chocolat Pamplemousse,

Yesterday, as planned, I did a cakeless run. I went to Midtown to check what Toshi Yoroizuka had, since I'm interesting in their TM (Tokyo Midtown) Noir and I don't expect to see it elsewhere, at least with that name. No luck yet, but I saw that Sadaharu Aoki had a supposedly exclusive cake (Zen, which I've had), so it reminded me that I need to check out other options, since I plan to get a cake from them soon. The run was about 4 km at 11 km/h and 3 km at 10 km/h, which is faster than lately.

Today, I went to Isetan, also as planned, and got the Verrine Chocolat Pamplemousse for 729 yen. I liked the caramel and figs on top a lot and the chocolate mousse, but the grapefruit gelatin did not do much for me, either separately or mixed with other layers. Overall it was definitely good, so probably I'll sample at least one more of these this month, but it's still not cake and it's okay if I don't get to them all.

For the run, I went to the Marunouchi Sadaharu Aoki, where they had the cake I decided that I want most from Sadaharu Aoki, so it looks like I'll be going back there tomorrow rather than buying from Isetan again. The run was again 11 km/h our and 10 km/h, this time about 5 km each way.


No comments:

Post a Comment