Wednesday, May 24, 2017

DelRey: Hazelnuts Chocolat

Ran over to the Ginza Mitsukoshi to catch DelRey's last day there and got the Hazelnuts Chocolat (756 yen). The run was fine, as far as I can remember, averaging 9 km/h over about 11 km, despite my walking maybe 1 km of that into and out of Ginza in the subway tunnels to avoid lights. The cake was kind of a tough one to rate, as I wanted to like it and it was high quality, but it was very mild and soft, whereas I'm more into intense and crunchy. Still, in the end, it was something I'd want to be able to make, so I'm going it excellent, so I should get back there before too long.

Today actually I was back just to see whether Delrey's replacement had any cake on offer. They didn't, so I tried the Almond Croissant (405 yen) from Dominique Ansel. It was a typical almond paste calorie bomb and definitely good, but did not stand out other than being maybe larger than average (though they are often pretty large). This was about 1 km more than yesterday and 10 km/h, even with the same walking, though I got a little turned around at some points, so there is a distance error of a couple blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment