Friday, May 27, 2016

Ma Priere: Ma Priere

Went to Shinjuku Takashimaya on cake business: check out the Japanese cake books at the south Kinokuniya (the Shinjuku Avenue shops is definitely where to go among the two), French books (south shop is better), English cake books (south is better), got another box of emergency toilets (okay, not cake-related, but definitely Tokyo related, as we all prepare for the "big one"), looked at aprons (if the one I have is too heavy for summer), bought a pound of unsalted butter (because I'm almost out), and got a piece of cake. I think I got the Ma Priere from Ma Priere at the cafeteria-style counter, but the Ma Priere website says that the Ma Priere cake is strawberry flavored white chocolate, so now I'm not sure.

First, running: I did 1 km again. In some ways, my knee was less happy before I started but I ran anyway, but it didn't mind the run as much and I unintentionally ran faster, under 7'. If things go well, I'll try 2 km on Sunday.

The cake, which was 518 and caramel, although not a very strong taste. The cream layers were like thick butter, which isn't really enough to impress me, although the cake was good. Not sure what else was in it, but I need to go back to confirm the name anyway. From the texture and look, I would guess hazelnut or almond powder (almond powder is always a good guess).


Made a big financier again with the 14 cm tart form, which I'm definitely sold on: I won't waste my time using the 7.5 cm ones for that recipe any more. It wouldn't be bad to make that every Friday (specially if I can time it will pizza making, since they both use the oven at a high temperature, although I wasn't thinking of trying to back them together: that would presumably mess up the humidity in the oven or something). Still not sure how long I should wait before removing the bottom plate (I did it right away, with a knife, this time, because I was in a hurry to go somewhere else), and I had a big air bubble at the bottom again, so I'll have to work on that, although that might be better than it sticking in the middle. Otherwise, it's very simple (didn't even cool the melted butter, just made sure not to heat it up much to begin with).


No comments:

Post a Comment