Saturday, May 21, 2016

Jean-Paul Hevin: Matcha and Pyramide

I missed lunch, so it was suggested that it was okay for me to have (most of) two pieces of cake at the Jean-Paul Hévin Chocolat Bar at Isetan. I didn't resist the suggestion.

First, I had Pyramide, which apparently has a slight Cognac flavor in a cake of pistachio and bitter ganache. It was definitely good, and I'm going to say that it was excellent, but actually I can't remember well (I mean, I only remember that I was thinking more about other things than whether I was going to say it was good or excellent). This was 572 yen plus tax. Amazingly, apparently this is only the third of the five spécialités that I've blogged.

 I got it with オーボーデュフル―ヴ (ouboudeyufuruuv), which I've forgotten what it is when it's at home, some sort of herb tea, I think, not exciting anyway.

I also had some of Ghana hot chocolate I think, which was good, and parts of Vanille and Pistache'in maracon, which were excellent and good.

For the second cake, I has Matcha, because it's seasonal and because I didn't have my notes and knew that I had never blogged this, or maybe had it. Actually, it was great (maybe). Besides green tea mousse, which was not particularly strong, although that is the nature of green tea, is griotte (Morello) cherry gel, which is semi-Japanese, and yuzu cream, which is very Japanese. This was more expensive at 680 yen plus tax and is the second seasonal cake, not counting two types of éclair, despite being up to 14 cakes now.



No comments:

Post a Comment