Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Sadaharu Aoki: Bamboo

There was no running today and will be no running any time soon, nor should there any appreciable cycling, which I think was been part of the problem, or even much walking to some extent. Same problem: seems to be iliotibial band syndrome, but it might take an MRI to find out. Anyway, I'll be using the trains for anything beyond a couple stations for a while.

For cake, after browsing French language study books (now I know where to look for the Japanese ones, including the NHK series, at the Shinjuku Avenue Kinokuniya) and trying to find a flour sifter with a more course mess than I have (my is good for powdered sugar and wheat flour, but too fine for nut powders), I stopped at the basement of Isetan. I tried going to Clover, but it just looked too bad, so I decided to finally get the Bamboo at Adaharu Aoki, which is an "opera" of green tea and orange (I didn't guess), with a chocolate base. This one might not have been fresh enough, as the texture did not seem as good as their usual cakes, although I'm not sure that it was that different and my previous experience with this cake has been that I'm not that much into it. Anyway, I'll say it was good, although at 891 yen, one wants considerable more.


No comments:

Post a Comment