Friday, May 13, 2016

Viron: cherry mousse cake

Got cake from Viron, which I thought was Pompette, but maybe it was Pampette, although I get more hits from Polpette, but nothing showing cake. I guess I just have to go back to find out, since as usually, I can't find any other posts showing this cake, which is not part of the regular lineup. It has Kirsch mousse I remember, which I didn't even have to look up to know what it is from the Japanese, because I just looked it up yesterday for a cake recipe: it is a transparent, not sweet, cherry brandy. So whatever it was called, it is a cherry mousse cake with some whole fruit. This was good, certainly, although not really it was cherry cake, which is something I would normally avoid but I was willing to give this a try (and had limited options for new cake). This was good, but not really 734 yen good. And it was definitely not great that I could tell, so Viron is too hit and miss for me to keep it as a "great" shop, so I'm downgrading it to "excellent" (so I probably won't be back there again soon, except for bread).

No comments:

Post a Comment